Saturday 7 January 2012

2nd Yom Shabbat Khiyyaru

Today is Yom Shabbat, the Seventh Day, and the day of rest.  As I woke up in the early hours of the morning, I left my bed and sat on my bedroom floor with a lamp lit to provide me with light during the dark hours of the morning.  I was reading on the civilizations to the north of Canaan, namely the Ashkenazites and Magogites, and the Gomerites (the Scythians and the Cimmerians respectively) and their interaction with the Assyrians and Persians through warfare.

When Shapash arose, I beheld the blue sky of a beautiful winter's morning.  The sky was clear and there was a light breeze.  I decided to spend the day reading through some blogs and visiting some forums.

Today I also plan to visit my household cultic shrine and give some offerings to household Asherah.

No comments:

Post a Comment